Ohio Required Forms
On this page are special education forms that schools and parents must use in the assessment of students with disabilities and in administering related programs and services.
Quick reference for changes on the forms/annotations
The following is a quick reference to IEP Form and ETR Form Changes since the initial posting of the forms. Please check the dates noted for the current versions to make sure that you are using the up-to-date versions.
The new IEP PR-07 form will no longer be used for the Services Plan. A new Services Plan form has been developed by ODE/OEC and they are now available to view/download.
Individualized Education Program (IEP) PR-07 Form
ODE/OEC has revised the IEP form to incorporate the "standards based IEP" requirement of the modified assessment process and has developed annotations for the IEP form. The new revised IEP form is required to be used for IEPs written beginning in the fall 2009 for the 2009-2010 year. IEPs written on the current form in spring 2009 for the 2009-2010 school year do not have to be revised (on the new form) in September 2009.
- IEP PR-07 form (dynamic)* revised May 10, 2010 | List of changes
- IEP PR-07 form (static)* revised May 6, 2009
- Annotations for IEP PR-07 form revised October, 2011
* OEC has made the decision that the IEP form will not be translated into different languages. The reason for this decision is because IEP team members who develop IEPs are usually English speaking and they would have a substantially increased chance of error when trying to fill out a form in a language other than English. OEC's position is once a district completes a child's IEP in English, it is the district's responsibility to have the IEP translated into the parent's language if the parents do not read English. In this way, parents who speak and read another language will be able to understand what the IEP states about the services their child will be receiving which is the requirement of the law. To have a blank form in Spanish or any other language is just not helpful, particularly if it is being filled out by staff who cannot speak or read that language.
Evaluation Team Report (ETR) PR-06 Form
ODE/OEC has revised the ETR form to comply with federal and state laws and has developed an annotations for the ETR form.
- ETR PR-06 form (dynamic) revised May 22, 2012
- ETR PR-06 form (static) revised May 22, 2012
- ETR School Age Planning form*
- ETR Preschool Planning form*
- Annotations for ETR PR-06 form revised November, 2009
In response to requests, the individual evaluators's assessment section of the ETR form has been made available separately.
The due process form, formerly entitled PR-08, is a model form that is not required by IDEA for parents or local educational agencies to file a request for a due process hearing. It can be found on the ODE website in the section that addresses due process.
- Form PR-01: Prior Written Notice to Parents revised May 28, 2009
- Form PR-02: Parent Invitation revised May 4, 2009
- Form PR-03: Manifestation Determination Review revised May 4, 2009
- Form PR-04: Referral for Evaluation revised May 4, 2009
- Form PR-05: Parent Consent for Evaluation revised May 4, 2009
- Form PR-06: Evaluation Team Report (ETR) - dynamic
- Form PR-06: Evaluation Team Report (ETR) - static
- Form PR-07: Individualized Education Program (IEP) - dynamic
- Form PR-07: Individualized Education Program (IEP) - static
- Form PR-09: Services Plan (SP) - dynamic
- Form PR-09: Services Plan (SP) - static