2010 Special Education Leadership Conference Overview
Please click here to download the handouts from the conference sessions.
The Leadership Conference was a success due to everyone involved in the Office for Exceptional Children's (OEC) Special Education Leadership Conference.
- Each of the 1,760 persons who participated in the Conference
- Kathe Shelby, Tom Lather, and the OEC staff who sponsored the Conference, presented sessions, answered questions at the Conference, and provided support
- Deborah Delisle, Cynthia Lemmerman, and Stan Heffner of ODE who presented at the Conference
- Keynote Speaker - Marilyn Friend
- Master Presenters - Marilyn Friend, Toby Karten, Ervin Knezek, Wendy Murawski
- Breakout Presenters - see attached list
- Exhibitors - see attached list
- Ohio CEC - for sponsoring the Networking Reception
- April Siegel-Green for coordinating the OAPSA Pre-Conference sessions
- Alan Schultz and the excellent team at Bartha � the A/V organization responsible for the stage, screens, and sound in the General Sessions and the sound in all of the rooms
- Jeff Bly and Lynn Garvin and the terrific team of the George Fern Company � the organization responsible for setting up the registration area, the exhibit area, and for the great entrance sign to the exhibitors in Ballroom 3
- Floyd Meadows at the Columbus Convention Center for coordinating the set up of the rooms and for responding to requests such as a room being too cold
- Kaitlyn Hayhurst at Aramark for coordinating the food service
- Lee Ann Derugen and Connie Hudson of the Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilities for the registration and logistics
- Cheryl Johnson of the Center for Special Needs Populations for the design of the Conference program and the signs for the sessions and who coordinated the printing of both with UniPrint at OSU
- Laurie Dotson of the Center for Special Needs Populations for reproducing all the print handouts for the sessions
- Beny Walujo and Bob Reece of the Center for Special Needs Populations who provided Web support and took pictures at the Conference
- Beny Walujo and Kevin Gessler for loading all the handouts on the flash drives that were given to participants.
- Simon Bueher of OCALI for support and advice
- Caroline Coston and Carol Daniels of the Center for Special Needs Populations for the development of the agenda, coordinating the speakers and the exhibitors, and the overall logistics.